Digital Content Specialist
The Digital Content Specialist oversees all of the digital platforms of WNRN while contributing original content to each. Through the website and our social media platforms, they will strategically communicate and promote our broadcast and web content, bridging all of the digital assets of WNRN to reinforce the broadcast content and effectively supplement it. The position reports to the Events and Promotions Manager.
Responsibilities include: managing copy and graphics on the website and social media; posting complementary content on our social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) to reinforce participation and interaction with on-air content, and tracking listener and member involvement through those platforms; creatively communicate messages to our listeners following WNRN style guide; attending and documenting events and on-site promotions, taking pictures and video and posting to social media; providing assistance and support to the Events and Promotions Manager as needed with off-site events, promotions and activities.
Qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field preferred but not required. Experience creating targeted content. Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Photography and videography knowledge. Skills in Photoshop, video editing, InDesign, and/or Adobe Acrobat preferred. Ability to travel within our broadcast areas to events. Must appreciate great music, enjoy the experience of local events, and embrace the culture of community.
Employer paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance, retirement contribution, vacation and sick days.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
WNRN is currently seeking interns for Fall 2022. Internships will take place at our offices & studio in Charlottesville, VA (or a blend of office and remote work) School credit is available at many Colleges and High Schools for WNRN internships. To apply email a resume and brief introduction to email@example.com.
WNRN considers an internship to be a semester-length position that is directly affiliated with an accredited College or University and as such, we require that each intern receive official credit from their school as a condition of the internship.
Position Summary: Assist the WNRN team with various Membership, Events/Promotions, and Marketing tasks. Applicant should have the desire to work and learn in a fast paced and fun environment. This position is best for applicants who have a love for attending concerts, discovering new artists, and learning more about the music industry at large.
Essential duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Membership Director and Director of Events/Promotions
- Assist with on site activations, contests, and brand awareness opportunities at concerts and other live events in our listening area
- Update and maintain show pages and posts for WNRN.org
- Source and create promotional content for social media and website
- Assist with cataloging new music
- Assist with tracking and management of various membership related projects
- Strong interest in music and the music industry
- Experience with major social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
- Experience with photo, audo, and/or video editing software is a plus
- Organizational skills in scheduling and time management
- Content creation for web, social media, and more
- Communication between departments and staff
- Community relationships within the music industry
- Market sales and target audience identification