The Development Assistant is an integral part of the Philanthropy team, providing support with fund drives, special events, and acquisition and fulfillment of thank you gifts. Position assists with member engagement and social media strategies; prepares fundraising collateral; thank you letters and tax statements. WNRN has over 4500 members throughout Central Virginia and worldwide, and communication with members via phone and email is a key component of the job.
Qualifications: Proficient in Microsoft office products, desire to provide a high level of customer service, must be organized, self-motivated, and friendly. Preferred minimum two years in an administrative role. Must appreciate the music we play, exhibit commitment to WNRN mission and its donors, enjoy the experience of local events, and embrace the culture of community. All staff are required to be in our Charlottesville office on Mondays.
Benefits include paid vacation; health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; retirement plan.
Position can be located in Richmond or Charlottesville.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30,2021.
WNRN is currently seeking interns for Spring & Summer 2022. Internships will take place at our offices & studio in Charlottesville, VA (or a blend of office and remote work) School credit is available at many Colleges and High Schools for WNRN internships. To apply email a resume and brief introduction to email@example.com.
WNRN considers an internship to be a semester-length position that is directly affiliated with an accredited College or University and as such, we require that each intern receive official credit from their school as a condition of the internship.
Position Summary: Assist the WNRN team with various Membership, Events/Promotions, and Marketing tasks. Applicant should have the desire to work and learn in a fast paced and fun environment. This position is best for applicants who have a love for attending concerts, discovering new artists, and learning more about the music industry at large.
Essential duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Membership Director and Director of Events/Promotions
- Assist with on site activations, contests, and brand awareness opportunities at concerts and other live events in our listening area
- Update and maintain show pages and posts for WNRN.org
- Source and create promotional content for social media and website
- Assist with cataloging new music
- Assist with tracking and management of various membership related projects
- Strong interest in music and the music industry
- Experience with major social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
- Experience with photo, audo, and/or video editing software is a plus
- Organizational skills in scheduling and time management
- Content creation for web, social media, and more
- Communication between departments and staff
- Community relationships within the music industry
- Market sales and target audience identification