WNRN is currently hiring a Director of Major and Annual Gifts! Read below for job description and instructions on how to submit your application!
Summary: Working under the supervision of the Assistant Station Manager and working closely with the Membership Director, the Director of Major and Annual Gifts is primarily responsible for finding and acquiring sources of contributed revenue from individual donors and grants. The Director of Major and Annual Gifts will assist with setting related fundraising goals and will be responsible for creating and managing the strategies in order to meet or exceed those goals.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major and annual gift donors; update progress within Salesforce database.
- Manage a portfolio of major donors, whose annual gifts exceed $1000, as well as prospects.
- Maintains relationships of key stakeholders including donors, grantors, Development Committee, Board and Community Advisory Council.
- In collaboration with leadership, develop Capital Campaign strategy by identifying donor interest in station projects, create giving levels, and track progress.
- Create donor communications, stewardship reports, and other materials tailored to individual donors.
- Identify prospective foundation support for Hear Together/Community Connection feature with goal to expand into all listening areas.
- Collaborate on foundation applications, reports, and letters of interest with Managing Producer and Assistant Station Manager.
- Participate in Fund Drives and other station events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of fundraising experience including: a background in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship; initiating and fostering relationships with donors.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills – comfortable with various conversations, presentations and asks; Excellent written and oral communications.
- Self-motivated – must exhibit perseverance and commitment to WNRN mission and its donors, be organized, and enjoy follow through.
- Must appreciate the music played on WNRN, enjoy the experience of local events, and embrace the culture of community.
- Must be a team player, willing to occasionally work long hours at times to get the job done, and be professional when working with artists.
- Travel within the central Virginia area to meet with current donors and broaden engagement of prospective major donors is required.
- Securing large gifts ($5,000+); making cold calls; participation in grant research, writing and submission.
WNRN is a small, nonprofit AAA (Adult Album Alternative) radio station that plays both well-known Americana, Indie, Blues, and Rock acts as well as local musicians. We stress community through music and are a voice for other nonprofits in our listening area. Our listening area spans most of Central Virginia, from Harrisonburg in the west to as far as eastern Richmond. It is run by a small but dedicated staff, and love of WNRN’s mission and music is critical to anyone’s success at the station. Oh, and did we mention? It really helps if you love the music. We highly recommend that you review our website and spend a few days listening to the station before applying.
Salary Range and Benefits:
Salary range for this position is $60-65,000 based on experience and skillset of candidate. Benefits are competitive and include: healthcare, dental, vision, IRA with match, and more. Intangible benefits include a flexible work environment, meeting lots of very interesting people and musicians.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WNRN is currently seeking interns for Summer & Fall 2021. Beginning June 1st, internships will take place at our offices & studio in Charlottesville, VA School credit is available at many Colleges and High Schools for WNRN internships. To apply email a resume and brief introduction to email@example.com.
WNRN considers an internship to be a semester-length position that is directly affiliated with an accredited College or University and as such, we require that each intern receive official credit from their school as a condition of the internship.
Position Summary: Assist the WNRN team with various Membership, Events/Promotions, and Marketing tasks. Applicant should have the desire to work and learn in a fast paced and fun environment. This position is best for applicants who have a love for attending concerts, discovering new artists, and learning more about the music industry at large.
Essential duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Membership Director and Events/Promo Coordinator
- Assist with on site activations, contests, and brand awareness opportunities at concerts and other live events in our listening area
- Update and maintain show pages and posts for WNRN.org
- Source and create promotional content for social media and website
- Assist with cataloging new music
- Assist with tracking and management of various membership related projects
- Strong interest in music and the music industry
- Experience with major social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
- Experience with photo, audo, and/or video editing software is a plus
- Organizational skills in scheduling and time management
- Content creation for web, social media, and more
- Communication between departments and staff
- Community relationships within the music industry
- Market sales and target audience identification